Right now, we are looking to add a talented Engineer to join the professional service team (PFS).
The PFS team helps our various customers to quickly extract values out of their data, using the technologies we master: elasticsearch, spark, correlation rules, stream or batch computing frameworks. The punchplatform is a great accelerator: quick to set up, and designed to go production.
The job consists first in deeply understanding the use cases, make up a proposal, usually under the form of a MVP (minimum viable product) that we deploy on our cloud or on the customer hosted environment. Once these MVPS are delivered, we may keep providing professional services to help customers scale their punchplatform to more use cases or more data.
Besides the expected technical expertise, this whole process requires excellent communication skills, sharpness to analyze both the customer use cases and their ways of working, and mastering the several technologies at play.
Our strategy is not to simply detach engineers to customers. We are looking at hiring core punch team members. Part of the work takes place in our Velizy office, part of it requires to work on the customer site. The overall missions are team driven.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deliver Punch solutions to drive customer business value from our products
- Solution design, development, and integration of Punchplatform components and APIs, platform architecture, and capacity planning in mission-critical environments
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and communications skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Development of demos and proofs-of-concept that highlight the value of the Punchplatform
- Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
- Solving our customers’ most challenging data problems
- Working closely with the Punch development and product management team, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
What You Bring Along:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, System Administrator, or DevOps Engineer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
- Understanding and passion for open-source technology and knowledge and proficient in at least one programming language
- Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
- Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
- Understanding of Linux, Java and databases
- BS, or MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Strong knowledge of Java, python and Linux/Unix environment, software development, and/or experience with distributed systems
- Experience and interest in delivering and/or developing product training
- Experience contributing to an open-source project or documentation